Hello from the UK

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
revelationman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello from the UK

Post by revelationman »

Originally from Toronto Canada, now here in Nottingham,.
I have returned to using Linux again, I was given a 9 year old Desktop with a single core AMD 3200 64 with 80 GIG drive 128 Meg Nvida , what to do what to do, I tried Ubuntu since I used it a few years ago, and I was truly disappointed Unity was just not for me. I was looking at screen shots of Mint with Cinnamon, I was impressed, so I decided to wipe the Windows XP Home and installed for Mint 64 14 that really did not work out the way I liked it. The one thing was the support just a year and I know you can do back ups ghost then update but to me that is just a pain. I then seen Debian Mint installed the 32 bit and it just runs great best all it is Debian not Ubuntu, and it's rock solid, runs great, it's hard to believe this is a 9 year old system

I believe this is a winner , best of both worlds, and i highly recommend this system to anyone looking for stable reliable and functional operating system I love simplicity I hate clutter, the Cinnamon Desktop is wonderful ,

:D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Hello from the UK

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the Mint family forums

your rig is of similar spec to my spare, i too had problems with 64 bit mint on that one but runs 32 bit cinnamon desktop beautify and far faster than M$ ever did

wizard
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

Welcome to Mint family, glad to know you're enjoying the Cinnamon DE. :)
revelationman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by revelationman »

It is my second rig also I have an newer laptop that runs Windows 8 and my partner she uses that, and I needed a computer , so bang take the old box out slap in the Mint Deb and there you go

I tell her format c: on but the second box keeps the peace
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Welcome aboard! :D
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day

Welcome to the forum :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”