Problem with PPTP VPN Connection

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
atr1991

Problem with PPTP VPN Connection

Post by atr1991 »

I've used PPTP VPN for a week and it worked perfectly and everything was fine

but now it says "VPN Connection Failed"
I use PPTP for connecting to my network and also connecting to Internet from university. Both connections fail.
I removed the configuration from /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections and ~/.gconf but made no difference
I also tried removing and reinstalling pptp-linux and plug-ins for network-manager package

Is there any way to fix this??????? :(

Kernel 3.5.0-23-generic
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
burakender

Re: Problem with PPTP VPN Connection

Post by burakender »

i have the same problem wıth vpn :S
talmina

Post by talmina »

Mine too. Notification says the VPN service failed to start. I installed a few packages relating to OpenVPN, but I don't think that helped.
MintNewBee

Post by MintNewBee »

same problem here with pptp vpn
"connection failed" is the error message
all my settings are correct
this is also with Kubuntu, mint Mate edition, Mint KDE edition
aflammang

Post by aflammang »

Same issue... Later date I guess. What is going on? I have similar PPTP config with my android tablet and no issues there. Is there something recent with Linux Mint 14 running the mate UI? It was working two days ago.
aaron
lcdiaxagiq

Post by lcdiaxagiq »

aflammang wrote:Same issue... Later date I guess. What is going on? I have similar PPTP config with my [url=http://www.dbuying.com/cheap/android-tablet-pc-377/]android tablet[/url] and no issues there. Is there something recent with Linux Mint 14 running the mate UI? It was working two days ago.
aaron
which system of your android tablet, android 4.0?

Return to “Networking”