ATI Compiz and KDETV

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: ATI Compiz and KDETV

Post by Husse »

Do you use Daryna KDE? (you could install a KDE app in gnome :))
Do you have the right drivers. With the open source drivers you will experience some problems
If you don't have the latest drivers (and there is a significant improvement in the drivers) install the latest Envy from here
http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html
It's the legacy version for Daryna and older (the repos can't catch up with the changes in Envy)
Let Envy configure X
Also you have to activate Compiz by enabling visual effects in the Appearances
Sorry for now no solution to your TV problem
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bobm

Post by bobm »

Not an answer, another question. I've just tried to install KDETV from synaptic. (I'm using gnome). It says it's installed. So how do I run it? I can't find it in any of the menus??
Husse

Post by Husse »

bobm wrote:Not an answer, another question. I've just tried to install KDETV from synaptic. (I'm using gnome). It says it's installed. So how do I run it? I can't find it in any of the menus??
Can be missing dependencies
It is possible to install KDE apps in Gnome and the other way round but there may be problems with things like missing libraries etc.. You should have been warned during install...

Return to “Beginner Questions”