<SOLVED> Mint15 KDE minor problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pbowyer

<SOLVED> Mint15 KDE minor problem

Post by pbowyer »

Looked for texi2dvi in Synaptics Package manager, but could not find it. I know it was present in Mint14-KDE.
I wanted to build the documentation for SBCL-1.1.9, but was unable to do so.
As a work-around, I copied the documentation from Mint14 to Mint15 and that got me going in that instance.
There will be other packages I'll need texi2dvi for that wont be so easy to work around.

Added after posting:
When I posted this, I didn't have access to my Mint14 system. Since then, I got back to my Mint14 system and discoovered that I should not have been searching for texi2dvi, but instead I should have been searching for texinfo. And then I also needed to install texlive and its associated packages. Then I could build the documentation for SBCL. Sorry for posting all of this unnecessarily. I should have waited until I had access to my Mint14 system.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: <SOLVED> Mint15 KDE minor problem

Post by xenopeek »

Next time, please add <SOLVED> to your topic's subject by editing your first post in the topic.
pbowyer

Re: <SOLVED> Mint15 KDE minor problem

Post by pbowyer »

Sorry, I forgot to do that. I'll try to do better in my future posts.

Return to “Software & Applications”