Grid workspaces?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Guit4eva
Level 1
Level 1

Grid workspaces?

Post by Guit4eva »

Hi guys,

I've recently moved to XFCE from Cinnamon and really enjoying it. However, the workspace settings are a bit off putting. Can someone please tell me the following:

1) Is it possible to have a 2x2 workspace grid, cause all I seem to get is a 4x1 grid :/
2) Is it possible to have some sort of onscreen indicator which workspace you are in? Cause moving around the workspaces blindly in quite confusing.

It would be great if someone here could explain those two queries to me!

Rudi
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jdhedden

Re: Grid workspaces?

Post by jdhedden »

Go into Settings->Panel->Items and add 'Workspace Switcher' to you panel. Then access the properties for the switcher, and you can set the row to 2. When your in a particular workspace, the switcher highlights it on its display.
Guit4eva
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Guit4eva »

Thanks for your quick reply:) However, I am trying to get a 2x2 grid (so 2 rows and 2 columns). I can only select rows in the workspace switcher?
jdhedden

Post by jdhedden »

Guit4eva wrote:Thanks for your quick reply:) However, I am trying to get a 2x2 grid (so 2 rows and 2 columns). I can only select rows in the workspace switcher?
Precisely. With 4 workspaces in two rows, you'll have 2x2. That's exactly what I am using.
Guit4eva
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Guit4eva »

Ha ha ha ha ha oh glory, I don't know why I didn't figure that out! :oops: Thanks for telling me that, I've got my 2x2 grid back :D

Return to “Xfce”