VirtualBox Additions (Mint is guest OS)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
thomas175

VirtualBox Additions (Mint is guest OS)

Post by thomas175 »

I have installed VirtualBox 1.6 on a XP computer and then installed Linux Mint KDE Light within the VirtualBox. In attempting the next step of installing VirtualBox Linux Additions I have run into a no such file error. Attached is a screen shot of the error that I get in the Terminal trying to open the VBOXADDITIONS file. What do I need to do to correct this?

Thanks, Thomas
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
miket

Re: VirtualBox Additions (Mint is guest OS)

Post by miket »

Hi Thomas,

The VirtualBox Additions are mounted on /media/cdrom0 looking at your screenshot,
so your cd command would be this:

Code: Select all

cd /media/cdrom0
Once in the directory you can issue the following command :

Code: Select all

sudo sh VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
I hope this gets you going OK!

Mike.
thomas175 wrote:I have installed VirtualBox 1.6 on a XP computer and then installed Linux Mint KDE Light within the VirtualBox. In attempting the next step of installing VirtualBox Linux Additions I have run into a no such file error. Attached is a screen shot of the error that I get in the Terminal trying to open the VBOXADDITIONS file. What do I need to do to correct this?

Thanks, Thomas
thomas175

Re: VirtualBox Additions (Mint is guest OS)

Post by thomas175 »

Thanks Mike that worked. Appreciate the clear and easy to follow suggestions.

Return to “Software & Applications”