KDE 4.11.0 on Mint 15

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
colyn

KDE 4.11.0 on Mint 15

Post by colyn »

I installed KDE 4.11.0 from the backports last week and am for the most part happy with it. However I did notice a couple of things. The screensaver locks from time to time but the computer is not but I still have to do a hard restart. The simple screen locker works fine so this isn't really an issue for me and the startup and log off sounds no longer work. This too is not an issue but was wondering if others have noticed the same thing.

I did the upgrade on 3 different machines with the same results so I don't think it's a machine issue..
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jonathan Spearman

Re: KDE 4.11.0 on Mint 15

Post by Jonathan Spearman »

Have you looked at the pulse audio playback control, To make sure your system sounds aren't muted. I had a issue with not hearing the system login or logoff sounds, I went in an increased the volume and now I have the sounds.

One thing I have noticed is that when my screen saver comes on, it shows the screen that asks for a password, however none is needed, If I move the mouse the screen saver goes away and I am at my desktop. I may have it set that way, will need to check that.
colyn

Post by colyn »

Jonathan Spearman wrote:Have you looked at the pulse audio playback control, To make sure your system sounds aren't muted. I had a issue with not hearing the system login or logoff sounds, I went in an increased the volume and now I have the sounds.
That was the first thing I checked and all is set properly..
J_C

Post by J_C »

Gone for me too.

Pretty sure I read somewhere (though I can't find it now!) that they've dropped a few of the system sounds, perhaps this is one of them?

Return to “Software & Applications”