Torrent

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Torrent

Post by antiquexray »

I'm trying to be a good community member here and download a torrent, but the fact remains I'm having trouble getting it to work (do to my ignorance :oops:). Can someone post detailed instructions (or a link to an easily understood site) to explain how I can get this to work?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Alephcat »

you need a torrent client first, I find utorrent to be a good one for windows, or Bianca beta had one installed as default (never got round to using it so do not know which one it was) not sure about Bea. If not then thisseems to be a fairly comprehensive list. Once you have done that you just need to downlad the small .torrent file and open it with the client
"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due."
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

Alephcat wrote:you need a torrent client first, I find utorrent to be a good one for windows, or Bianca beta had one installed as default (never got round to using it so do not know which one it was) not sure about Bea. If not then thisseems to be a fairly comprehensive list. Once you have done that you just need to downlad the small .torrent file and open it with the client
Thanks. Now, I've done as you've said, but when I get to the torrent file and click to download it I get the cannot connect error. Is it me? Is anyone else having this problem? Has the web traffic to the site overloaded the server??? What??? Help???
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

Alephcat wrote:you need a torrent client first, I find utorrent to be a good one for windows, or Bianca beta had one installed as default (never got round to using it so do not know which one it was) not sure about Bea. If not then thisseems to be a fairly comprehensive list. Once you have done that you just need to downlad the small .torrent file and open it with the client
I've done as you've said, but it downloads LIKE REALLY SLOW. The read out says it will take 5 days.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Re: ratio

Post by antiquexray »

I guess I need a lot more education on torrent files. For now, I'll stick with just plain downloading 'cause I can do it faster. When I get smarter perhaps I'll switch. After all, I used a T3 line connection yesterday for and .iso and it took 15 minutes. Today I've tried the same T3 line with the torrent file and it will take over 2 hours.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Re: frostwire

Post by antiquexray »

jett wrote:if your just doing mp3's and small files go with frostwire
but if you wanna download dvd's use BT
I was talking about downloading Bianca. No kidding here, the download speed was 2 and 3 k per second. It told me it would take 5 days.
cakehead
Level 2
Level 2

UPNP

Post by cakehead »

Have you enabled UPNP on your router ?

Return to “Other topics”