Vokoscreen & DVDStyler

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Barny

Vokoscreen & DVDStyler

Post by Barny »

Hi I am a complete new Linux Mint 15 user and am getting on really well with it. I just have one query though I installed DVDStyler and it worked well, then I installed Vokoscreen and it uninstalled DVDStyler is there something I did wrong. I followed the commands given to install both but they don't seem to work when one or the other is present. My system is Linux Mint 15 KDE I think, 32 bit. sorry for being a bit vague. 73 year old learner with this system.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Re: Vokoscreen & DVDStyler

Post by nomko »

This can happen. I experience the same thing when installing certain packages. Did you try to re-install DVDStyler? And if so, what did happened then??
Barny

Re: Vokoscreen & DVDStyler

Post by Barny »

Hi Thank you for answering. I used the commands to download DVDStyler and installed it that way. It then disappeared after vokoscreen was installed the same way, because I couldn't find that in the Software Manager. I did have a message to say I should download DVDFStyler through the software manager as it was better supported. I just did that an hour ago and it said it was installed, but I couldn't find it anywhere, even after searching in the Menu. I have now clicked Remove so don't really know what to do next. I have had this happen too with ffDiaporama.

Return to “Beginner Questions”