No sound on U-tube

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

No sound on U-tube

Post by wpshooter »

Why all of a sudden am I no longer getting sound when playing U-tube videos / audio.

Nothing wrong with hardware - can play MP3s stored on my hard drive just fine.

I had played audio U-tubes just last week. Why all of a sudden not working ?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition
bigj231

Re: No sound on U-tube

Post by bigj231 »

YouTube messed something up again. look to the right of the play button for a little speaker with an x and unmute it.
one spe
(EDIT: phone spell checkers are stupid)
Last edited by bigj231 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gort

Post by Gort »

I am having the same issue. Can't un-mute it. I have sound working for everything else.
Otyugh

Post by Otyugh »

Did you check from the "pavucontrol" pannel ? All advanced managing of sound is from there.
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wpshooter »

This sound was working fine last week but as I remember there were some updates available recently that involved the sound applications. It is my guess that these updates have broken the ability to play sound on Utubes.

Does anyone know if whoever is writing this software is aware of what they have done ?

Thanks.

P.S. - Found out that somehow those latest updates had either muted or turned down the sound level on Utubes. Just increased the sound level and good to go.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition
Gort

Post by Gort »

One additional piece of info is that sounds works with vimeo but I can't listen to mp3 tests on amazon. It is odd that the youtube clips show up with muting turned on and I can't change it.

With vimeo working, I think flash must be fine.

Return to “Software & Applications”