Wonderful Interview by Clem

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anandrkris

Wonderful Interview by Clem

Post by anandrkris »

[url]http://www.networkworld.com/news/2013/102113-lefebvre-linux-mint-274911.html[/url] - Enjoyed reading it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Wonderful Interview by Clem

Post by tdockery97 »

That really was a great interview. It's worth everyone's time to read it to get a good understanding of where Mint has been, and where it is heading into the future.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

I enjoyed reading that. Thanks :D
Eggnog
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Eggnog »

The only thing I would add to his bit about encouraging people to use a separate /home partition is to make it a part of the installation process in some way. Further, I would like to see the download area have the LTS edition as the featured download with the latest "in betweener" edition not put forward as the latest and greatest. New users might be put off by downloading the latest version only to find out that it's an "in betweener" and not supported in a few months.
igor83

Post by igor83 »

anandrkris wrote:[url]http://www.networkworld.com/news/2013/102113-lefebvre-linux-mint-274911.html[/url] - Enjoyed reading it.
No big surprises in there, but it was a great interview, very professional and circumspect, and gave a positive impression. I had sort of surmised all of the answers that were verified by the interview. Was hoping for more clarification on the MIR issue, but he's probably right that it's too early to stake out a position one way or the other. I know Xubuntu & Kubuntu 14.04 LTS won't be using MIR. I'm pretty happy so far with Xubuntu 13.10, but was not so happy with Kubuntu 13.10, which had a lot of problems relating to the updater, at least on my rig. I liked the insight he gave into the reasons behind pursuing LMDE. I think it's a good idea to have a Debian-based version. He's hedging his bets against any Ubuntu wackiness in the future. Indeed, that may be the way that Linux Mint goes in the future. I think it's an indication of wariness, caution, uncertainty regarding the future direction of Ubuntu, and it does seem justified, but there is no need for commitment to any one path just yet.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”