some bugs ive noticed

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sandbucket

some bugs ive noticed

Post by sandbucket »

hi, i dont know where to put this but here are a list of some bugs i have
1. the desktop used to not show icons after logging out and logging back in, but i think they have fixed this.
2. about ten percent of the time the greeter application crashes.
3. the software manager hangs at the loading screen and can't be closed about 20% of the time.
4. i dont know what causes this but occasionally the cursor disappears and i have to open an application to get it to appear again.
5. this is a small one... only happened once, but i had to restart my computer to view the files on a dvd through the browser.
i think if these bugs are fixed linux mint will be friggin great. On the horizon is the day when linux stability can compete with windows and mac. when we get there it will be awesome.
any bugs that you guys have found?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: some bugs ive noticed

Post by grimdestripador »

Ive noticed
1. the desktop used to not show icons after logging out and logging back in, but i think they have fixed this.
2. about ten percent of the time the greeter application crashes.
and would like to add, that sometimes during a drag and drop of desktop items, the mouse curser gets stuck in drag-n-drop mode; disabling left mouse clicks. My only solution was ctrl-alt-backspace.
sandbucket

Post by sandbucket »

i just found one more bug. if i put in a disc and then eject it and put in another no files show up when i browse to it. im not sure if this is only in the browser or if other programs can access the files. to get it to work you have to click the eject button on the bar and eject the entire cd drive.
Raymond Popp

Post by Raymond Popp »

System Info
LinuxMin 15: olivia (x86-64) Cinnamon Version 1.8.8
3.8.0-19-generic / #29-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 17 18:16:28 UTC 2013
Intel Core i& CPU Q 720 @1.6 GHZ x 4
Mem 5.8 GiB
Sto 948.5 GB
Gra NVIDIA Corp GT216M [GeForce GT 230M]
nvidia-310 version 310.44-Oubuntu2

This Software Manager hang in slash problem continues, at least with this HW/SW set-up.
sandbucket

Post by sandbucket »

to close the software manager just open up a terminal and type "killall mintinstall" you may need to add sudo

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”