Bianca LiveCD Bug - error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rfruth
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rfruth »

I see messages too (Bianca final) - can't even boot from the CD (downloaded and burned a 2nd CD just to be sure, same thing (nothing)) - oddly a beta copy of Bianca boots fine... so does Bea, am using that for now. :shock:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rfruth
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rfruth »

I said can't even boot from (final Bianca) CD thats not true, I boot from the CD, get the messages, choose boot from the menu & 30 seconds or so later the system hangs (tried safe graphics mode and several of the F4 ((VGA)) choices to no avail) several different Bianca CDs = same result (Bianca Beta is ok for me as is Bea) :roll:
Carenthir
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Carenthir »

I have the same message on my desktop PC ( HP Pavilion 3717 ). However it doesn't appear on another no-name PC with the same installation medium ...

The genuine Ubuntu liveCD doesn't trigger the message on the HP.

Maybe Mint performs a more thoroughly hardware check than Edgy ?
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Lolo Uila »

I had that same message from the live CD, but when I installed it on my hard drive I didn't get the error. Seems to be an issue with the live CD that (at least for me) doesn't get carried over to the installed OS.
arunpc

Re: Bianca LiveCD Bug - error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon

Post by arunpc »

Hi folks,
I got this error and i the way i got out of this was to have the settings for my loopback interface configured correctly, The error to me was because there are services who can get loopback replies. For the description and the solution of my problem, please refer to my blog,
http://arunpc.com/2008/06/01/ubuntu-the ... gs-daemon/
Do let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Arun.PC

Return to “Installation & Boot”