Firefox and MintInstall solved

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nikos

Firefox and MintInstall solved

Post by nikos »

Hi,
I completely removed firefox 3b5 form LM5 and installed firefox 2, now mintintall does not work any more. Is there a way to fix this using firefox 2? Does mintinstall works only con 3b5?
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Firefox and MintInstall

Post by Husse »

I've seen reports of a bug in FF 3 and mintInstall
It's probably that you have to set FF to open mintInstall as default
nikos

Post by nikos »

Thanks Husse, is there a configuration file to say mintinstall to oper FF2 and viceversa. After I installed FF2 and uninstalled FF3 mintinstall does not work. Clicking on software portal/getgeb/apt nothing happens.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I think I misunderstood it in my first answer
You st FF to "open with mintInstall"
There is a setting in preferences for how you want FF to handle different programs - don't remember if there is a tab "Applications" in FF2 as there are in FF3
Husse

Post by Husse »

My previous answers look strange - did not read carefully enough
Will get back to you when I've worked through the queue
Husse

Post by Husse »

The "Maya problem" is solved the "Maya way"
I was thinking of when you are in the software portal and click a link to install something. If FF does not do that you have to set it right in the FF preferences (mime types)

Return to “Beginner Questions”