mint logo concept

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mohammad-sn

mint logo concept

Post by mohammad-sn »

[img]http://linuxmint-art.org/CONTENT/content-m1/m162032-1.png[/img]
a logo concept for Linux Mint
larger preview: http://linuxmint-art.org/CONTENT/content-pre1/162032-1.PNG

if you like it, make it better!
svg: http://linuxmint-art.org/content/show.php/mint+logo+concept+ii?content=162032
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mohammad-sn

Re: mint logo concept

Post by mohammad-sn »

a little improvement
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

Hi mohammad-sn I think the logo improvement is lovely. I am no artist but you may consider using the Mint font if you want. I do not work with vectors but I did a quick play with your first image like so:
162032-2.PNG
Pat
mohammad-sn

Another logo concept for Linux Mint

Post by mohammad-sn »

Hi Palo, where can i find that lovely font?
and here is another logo concept, i think it's much better than previous one!
3-1-04.png
3-03.jpg
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

Hi mohammad-sn > another very nice logo. As you make them could you please put up links to PNG as well? The font I used is called Formintelegance - it is rather skinny but I fattened it up with GIMP. I don't remember the source I used but a little Google-Fu brought me to this download link.

Pat
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

Way back in 2010 there was a competitiion for a new logo. At that time I opted for the avatar of a member - troken - viewtopic.php?f=175&t=54412&p=333966. I haven't changed my mind since then. It depicts the elegance of Mint admirably. I still have it shown on my Desktop,.
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

tenfoot wrote:Way back in 2010 there was a competitiion for a new logo. At that time I opted for the avatar of a member - troken - viewtopic.php?f=175&t=54412&p=333966. I haven't changed my mind since then. It depicts the elegance of Mint admirably. I still have it shown on my Desktop,.
That is very unique. I put it here for easy access because there was no hyperlink.
mohammad-sn

Post by mohammad-sn »

tenfoot wrote:At that time I opted for the avatar of a member - troken - viewtopic.php?f=175&t=54412&p=333966. I haven't changed my mind since then. It depicts the elegance of Mint admirably. I still have it shown on my Desktop,.
I like it! :)
thanks for the font Palo.
mohammad-sn

png and svg for my latter concept logo

Post by mohammad-sn »

svg: http://linuxmint-art.org/content/show.php?content=162032
3.png
RacerBG

Re: Another logo concept for Linux Mint

Post by RacerBG »

mohammad-sn wrote:Hi Palo, where can i find that lovely font?
and here is another logo concept, i think it's much better than previous one!
3-1-04.png
3-03.jpg
Good one, I will try to make one someday too but first a little GIMP lessons won't hurt me. :D
mohammad-sn

Post by mohammad-sn »

Capture (2).PNG
hexdef101

Post by hexdef101 »

Interesting design Mohammad-sn .
hexdef101

Post by hexdef101 »

Good one, I will try to make one someday too but first a little GIMP lessons won't hurt me.
Don't be discouraged by me RacerBg. Just play around with gimp and see what you can do. I would suggest you start with Logo's and Icons as those tend to be easier to design.
In fact that was the first thing I did... In a galaxy far far away. you want tricky try 16x16 8 color icons. Heck to tell you the truth you have one on me already as I don't actually know how to do fractals :? as to lessons in gimp... never had any myself,nor Photoshop,nor any image software for that matter. I've cludged away at it for oh 15 years now. and If you look at my deviantart you can see some spectacular flops.
mohammad-sn

Post by mohammad-sn »

i should like to say that i don't like these anymore, i think i love current logo.

Return to “Your Artwork”