Teamviewer popup message

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MachineDojo

Teamviewer popup message

Post by MachineDojo »

I need to use teamviewer for various reasons and I keep getting a popup dialogue "reminding" me that teamviewer is still running in the background(I KNOW IT'S RUNNING I RAN IT HAHA) and yet it says to click here to disable this popup but it doesn't work and I have to wait several seconds before it goes away and it continues to come up every once in a while, due to it's location it interferes with things I am working with.

Basically, does anyone have an idea of how I can disable this super crazy annoying reminder that shouldn't even exist. I've checked all the internal options and was unable to find anything. This isn't really relating to Linux Mint as it's been the same issue on many distros I've used in the past, but perhaps someone here would know a workaround.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
NuxNubkins

Re: Teamviewer popup message

Post by NuxNubkins »

There's none that I know of. It annoys me to no end as well, but something you could do is create a virtual desktop window, move TV to it, and then leave it in its maximized state. That's the only way that bubble doesn't show. I emailed the TV team about it directly, and they said something to the effect of they'll look into it and based on demand, may or may not provide a fix.
MachineDojo

Post by MachineDojo »

NuxNubkins wrote:There's none that I know of. It annoys me to no end as well, but something you could do is create a virtual desktop window, move TV to it, and then leave it in its maximized state. That's the only way that bubble doesn't show. I emailed the TV team about it directly, and they said something to the effect of they'll look into it and based on demand, may or may not provide a fix.
Bah! Humbug! Thanks for the reply, I assumed it'd likely be something like that. By virtual desktop window, do you mean a virtual machine?
bobafetthotmail

Post by bobafetthotmail »

I think it's connected to he fact that Teamviewer is using windows binary inside linux through a custom wine thing. Most of the options in its option panel (like disabling such message) are totally useless.
Tarax

Post by Tarax »

Same problem here, but in MINT 16 amd64 XFCE, have you found any solutions yet?

I've just mailed TV and waiting for answer.
lolmaus

Post by lolmaus »

Having the same problem on Kubuntu 13.10.

Post by 21347 »

You might have a look at your ".config"-Directory, e.g. "~/.config/teamviewer9/config/"

There's a file named "client.conf" that contains the "registry" of TeamViewer on Linux (they seem not to be using Wine's registry). Add the line

Code: Select all

[int32] ShowTaskbarInfoOnMinimize = 0
to the end, this worked for me (on Windows, TeamViewer generates this setting in it's "HKCU/Software/TeamViewer/Version9" key when clicking on the balloon.
Muspellheim

Post by Muspellheim »

21347 wrote:You might have a look at your ".config"-Directory, e.g. "~/.config/teamviewer9/config/"

There's a file named "client.conf" that contains the "registry" of TeamViewer on Linux (they seem not to be using Wine's registry). Add the line

to the end, this worked for me (on Windows, TeamViewer generates this setting in it's "HKCU/Software/TeamViewer/Version9" key when clicking on the balloon.
Thanks! Did the trick.
ace_N_kelly

Post by ace_N_kelly »

I also have to say thanks guys :wink:
Laugh2
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Laugh2 »

Brilliant! Worked for me too on Linux Mint 13-64bit MATE. Thanks. :D
lolmaus

Post by lolmaus »

Worked on Kubuntu 13.10. Thank you, 21347.
Andrulko

Post by Andrulko »

21347 wrote:

It worked on OpenSUSE, thanks much! I've found this file in the following path on my machine: /etc/teamviewer/user/client.conf

Notice: TeamViewer should be disabled when you add this string. Otherwise it will be removed when you close TeamViewer.
apas

Post by apas »

21347 wrote:You might have a look at your ".config"-Directory, e.g. "~/.config/teamviewer9/config/"

Oh! Thanks a lot! Those messages were really annoying.

Return to “Beginner Questions”