Photoshop cs6 64 bit on mint

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
morgoth.pol

Photoshop cs6 64 bit on mint

Post by morgoth.pol »

How to install photoshop 64 bit on mint 16 to works good? when i install cs6 on playonlinux not possible to draw a brush, program shows pixels and program jams.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wanderer7

Re: Photoshop cs6 64 bit on mint

Post by wanderer7 »

I'm sorry, I know this doesn't answer your question, but have you tried GIMP? I think it's better than photoshop. Now, as far as Pshop is concerned, you'll need WINE to run it. I've never tried it myself, but here I found this article on techrepublic: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/linux- ... wine/3510/
If you don't have WINE already, install it from Software Manager, then read the tutorial above.
But before you do all these things, at least try GIMP, it's already installed in Mint. You might like it. :wink:
morgoth.pol

Post by morgoth.pol »

Without offense gimp is shitty, I know Photoshop. I need to squeez max RAM from my comp I have ps ver 32bit on my linux.
morgoth.pol

Post by morgoth.pol »

I do not know why I have a problem with brushes? Graphical distortion are visible even when off acceleration in the options, how to fix it?
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

Wine: Category: Main > Multimedia > Graphics > Graphics Editing > Adobe Photoshop:
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?appId=17

Photoshop 7 runs pretty well in wine (but can't move popup windows), later versions always glitchy and problematic for me.
IIRC, 32 bit windows apps work better than 64.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
gowdemon

Post by gowdemon »

I have tried several different versions of the software in Wine and every single one has glitches. The way to run Photoshop in Mint or Ubuntu is to Run Windows in a Virtual Machine like VirtualBox and run Photoshop in VM. If you are worried about resource, you should probably use Windows XP or Windows 7 Home starter. I have PS CS4 running in XP in VM in my low-spec Ubuntu box (Intel dual core, 4 GB, Intel HD graphics).

If you have a open mind about GIMP, you should try GIMPSHOP, which will transform GIMP to look and work more like Photoshop. However, if you are a hardcore designer, you will always find yourself going back to PS.
baldrick.777

Post by baldrick.777 »

I've found using WINE is not a fail-proof way of running Windows programs in Windows. There is, and will always be peculiarites.

As others have suggested, if you really must run Windows apps in Linux, then do it via VB or VM - or dual-boot.

Or, you could try a google search for native Linux image editors. That's how I came up with 'Pixeluvo', which is cross platform (Linux & Win), with native support for Linux - I pretty much use Pixeluvo exclusively now. Check it out, you may well be pleased you did!

Cheers.

Return to “Software & Applications”