Data Partitons

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AK Dave

Re: Data Partitons

Post by AK Dave »

My preference is "A". I find extended partitions to be more flexible down the road, when you want to slice off a little /data for another install partition. Because I typically have 2-3 different OS versions on my computer, I keep /home as part of each seperate installed OS and just keep data as its own partition.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

micpet
Sorry to hijack the thread, but where did you get your avatar? That looks so dang familiar, but I just can't place it. Looks like something from when I was a kid.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

That's cool. My family came from Scotland. We are part of the Muir clan. We represent our clan every year at the Scottish highland games. That picture must have something to do with the Irish.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

I have always found Ext3 to be the most stable for storing stuff. It is pretty robust. I have never used xfs, so I'm not sure what the differences are. From what I have read, xfs is a tad faster with larger files/hard drives.

Return to “Installation & Boot”