Firefox theme and KDE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tpprynn
Level 3
Level 3

Firefox theme and KDE

Post by tpprynn »

I do think this seemingly obscure add-on greatly improves the sketchy appearance of Firefox in KDE (though designed for broader use):

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search
snapshot1.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
CupOfCoffee

Re: Firefox theme and KDE

Post by CupOfCoffee »

Great addon!
And now I just figured out how to get the Firefox menu instead of the "File, Edit, View" on the top bar!
tpprynn
Level 3
Level 3

Post by tpprynn »

Hopefully they might include that add-on's theme as standard with Mint 17 KDE. Thanks for your reply in my other thread too. (I might try 32 bit to see if it's better behaved.)
CupOfCoffee

Post by CupOfCoffee »

I think it would be nice if they were to include this in Mint Firefox too...
Zalbor

Post by Zalbor »

I've tried it but it doesn't seem to work with Firefox 26. The configuration utility does but the theme doesn't.
Although tbh, using oxygen-gtk my ff looks perfectly fine.
tpprynn
Level 3
Level 3

Post by tpprynn »

It should be working, I have firefox 26. The add-on gets regularly updated too. Did you get the prompt to re-start? It's a classier look, subtle though the change is!

I've sometimes kept the actual file to use on another computer without installing from the site. If it's okay the file is attached here zipped. I'll delete it if I'm not supposed to do that. The file itself is called gtknativecontrols@example.net.xpi and it works fine placed here:

/home/[yourusername]/.mozilla/firefox/[whateveryourfolderiscalled].default/extensions

If you install it like this and start Firefox you'll have a box to tick to okay it and then Firefox will restart with the theme alteration. It's like the difference between turning up for a date with egg on your shoulder and not doing so...

By the way, I also really think that the Oxygen window borders look much more natural and professional if you go to System Settings > Window Decorations > Configure Decorations > Shadows and change Size and Vertical Offset to 20 and 1 respectively. It actually looks like a shadow then and not a black blotch. (That's in the left hand side set of settings and without the daft blue glow switched on in the right set of settings like Kubuntu uses.)
Zalbor

Post by Zalbor »

Sorry, I was thinking of another extension (the Oxygen one).

This one does work but I still think FF looks better without it. That's a matter of opinion of course.

Return to “Software & Applications”