Crash in firefox and problems with brasero

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
davidind

Crash in firefox and problems with brasero

Post by davidind »

Hello,

First of all congratulations on Linux Mint. I had not had a chance to congratulate, and I do now that I come to speak of two problems.

I guess I'm not the only one experiencing problems with firefox. Sometimes (apparently random) shows a crash and close your browser.

Another problem I have experienced is when using brasero ... Yes, anyone not recommended brasero and perhaps is not a good tool. But is installed by default in LM. So it is important to be updated in the repositories and there is no problem of libraries. I wanted to create a DVD and tells me I'm missing the mplex library, however yes it's installed ...

I want to talk about this, and whether it will be possible to correct faults in future updates or future versions.

I all tried with newly installed Linux Mint.

Sorry for my english. Google translate.

Regards
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: Crash in firefox and problems with brasero

Post by kukamuumuka »

davidind wrote: I guess I'm not the only one experiencing problems with firefox. Sometimes (apparently random) shows a crash and close your browser.

Another problem I have experienced is when using brasero ... Yes, anyone not recommended brasero and perhaps is not a good tool. But is installed by default in LM. So it is important to be updated in the repositories and there is no problem of libraries. I wanted to create a DVD and tells me I'm missing the mplex library, however yes it's installed ...
I guess that you are not using a long time supported (LTS) version like Mint 13, so that kind of problems can happen with test versions like Mint 16.

You can run programs via terminal, so you can see what is missing or failing.

Code: Select all

firefox 
robert-e

Post by robert-e »

WRT brassero; it has had problems for more than 5 years, more likely closer to 10 years. Why it is default in many linux distros is puzzling. I sometime suspect that it has something to do with gnome devs (stubborness?), but that is only my guess. It has often made coasters out of cds/dvds for me...very often.

Use k3b...it works well, but downside is that it pulls in a lot of undesirable deps such as nepomuk, etc.

Or use xfburn...it does not have all the features as k3b, but it does work well.

WRT firefox...yes, it sometimes crashes, but causes are obscure, mostly seem related to addons. Upside is that bugs seem to be fixed quickly.

Regards,
Bob
Tejas_0

Post by Tejas_0 »

robert-e wrote:WRT brassero; it has had problems for more than 5 years, more likely closer to 10 years. Why it is default in many linux distros is puzzling. I sometime suspect that it has something to do with gnome devs (stubborness?), but that is only my guess. It has often made coasters out of cds/dvds for me...very often.
Hear! Hear!

Of course you can do it the old fashioned way. Stumbled upon simple recipe to make dvd video, just using makeisofs and growisofs, without involving brasero at all. :idea:
shakil

Post by shakil »

I had similar problem in firefox. Crash report and hang. I Reset Firefox and now its well. you can try this.

Return to “Software & Applications”