Firefox 2 and games.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
steve9199

Firefox 2 and games.

Post by steve9199 »

Hello-

Still lurking in the group, and working on making my Linux Mint experience more enjoyable. Everything in Daryna running smoother thanks to all the great suggestions in this forum....thank you all.

One problem still happening though. Trying to play games on Pogo.com, the games are slow and for the lack of a better term... "jumpy". I have gone through all of the suggested Firefox configuration suggestions to speed the browser up but to no avail. Is it possibly the Java plugin itself? Does anyone have a suggestion?

Hardware:
Dell Optiplex GX 260
2 Gig Ram
Intel Celeron 1.8 GHz Processor

ANY help will be appreciated.

Thanks.. Steve
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Firefox 2 and games.

Post by Husse »

How is your internet connection?
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

You can always try uninstalling Java, and replace it with the open source version, icetea. I don't know if that will help you or not, but it's an idea anyway. Icetea by the way is also made by Sun.
steve9199

Post by steve9199 »

Husse wrote:How is your internet connection?
Internet is Cable 10 Meg DL 1 Meg UL. Having no issues when I run the Windows XP half of my Dual Boot drive. Only Mint and Firefox. I also have Firefox on my Win XP side and it works SCREAMINGLY fast there.

A suggestion was to uninstall Java and replace it with icetea. Not quite sure how to do the install though. I'm still a rookie when it comes to Linux so if you have a walkthrough I could follow it would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks...Steve

Return to “Software & Applications”