[SOLVED] CNR Client notice

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lanrun
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED] CNR Client notice

Post by lanrun »

Each time I log into my Mint Daryna main edition, the CNR client gives a notice that says "updates available".
It happens in this way:

1.A bubble pops-up
2.In the bubble it is a notice
3.The notice says "updates available".

What kind of updates this is, or how to obtain the updates, would be nice to know.

Regards
lanrun
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
miket

Re: CNR Client notice

Post by miket »

Hi Lanrun,
lanrun wrote:Each time I log into my Mint Daryna main edition, the CNR client gives a notice that says "updates available".
It happens in this way:
1.A bubble pops-up
2.In the bubble it is a notice
3.The notice says "updates available".
What kind of updates this is, or how to obtain the updates, would be nice to know.
Regards
lanrun
I noticed this when I tried out the CNR Client, I hadn't even installed any software via it either !
When I dug deeper I found it was actually saying that it had updates for some of the packages for the operating system which are also available
on CNR. The problem with this is that it will update your operating system packages and put your Mint system out of step with the official
Mint versions, which potentially could cause a lot of problems.

I eventually decided that CNR was not a good idea and removed it ... I prefer to get my system updates and applications from a known source ;)
Tread carefully if you intend on using the CNR Client.

Mike.
lanrun
Level 3
Level 3

Re: CNR Client notice

Post by lanrun »

Hi AvanceIT

I agree with you.
We have Mints own software portal, what is the need of and benefit of the CNR then?
And does the software portal and CNR system live happy together?

What is the recommendation from the Mint developers on this?

regards
lanrun

Return to “Software & Applications”