Thunderbird Icon Theming in the 201403 RC

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ManicSquirrel

Thunderbird Icon Theming in the 201403 RC

Post by ManicSquirrel »

Hi Everyone,

I just installed the new LMDE RC and it's really great. So far I'm just having one small issue: I've installed the Numix theme pack and it works and looks awesome, but the icon for Thunderbird will not change, which makes things look pretty odd. Also, I'm running the Plank dock and it won't allow me the option to simply pin Thunderbird (it alone) to the dock.

As far as the icon goes, I notice that the thunderbird.desktop file in /usr/share/applications points the icon to "Icon=/opt/thunderbird/chrome/icons/default/default32.png" instead of simply "Icon=thunderbird" in the same way other applications do. I've tried manually altering the desktop file and it helps a bit, but the icon in Plank looks likes a reduced resolution icon and pixelated in comparison to the neighbouring icons and sometimes the launcher icon and the one that shows up when the application opens are different, one being the Numix icon the other being the default one.

Is this just a bug or am I missing something? Is there anything I can do to straighten this out? Many thanks for any tips!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
killer de bug

Re: Thunderbird Icon Theming in the 201403 RC

Post by killer de bug »

The most simple (in my opinion):

Right click on the menu --> Configure --> edit the menu.

In Internet section, select Thunderbird --> Properties. Click on the icon.
You can now select a new one. Your icons are in /usr/share/icons/ or in your home folder. Select a 32px icon.
For example:

Code: Select all

/usr/share/icons/Mint-X/apps/32/thunderbird.png

Return to “LMDE Archive”