Elyssa or Daryna?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ralle

Elyssa or Daryna?

Post by Ralle »

Hi,
I've just installed Mint5 over Mint4.
Installation no problem,
reboot and login-screen no problem,
all my properties from Mint4 are still there.
Got some more update-files- fine.
In the left corner stands still 'Daryna'
but I'm running Elyssa !?
Can I change this?
The shutdown is not so elegant because
Mint5 shutsdown in commandline mode.
This was much better in Mint4 in graphical-mode.
Possible to change?

Ralle
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenought

Re: Elyssa or Daryna?

Post by rivenought »

There is a much higher success-rate with clean-installs, but you already knew that. What you have looks to be Daryna preferences carried over into Elyssa. You can right-click on the mintMenu, select preferences, and make edits to your liking. That should be an easy fix.

My Mint 5 has a regular shutdown; not anything unusual. Then again, I did a complete clean-install. Once again, this is probably related to some preferences carried over from Daryna. Maybe someone can pop in and point you to the correct file for shutdown. Good luck.
Ralle

Re: Elyssa or Daryna?

Post by Ralle »

rivenought wrote:My Mint 5 has a regular shutdown; not anything unusual. Then again, I did a complete clean-install. Once again, this is probably related to some preferences carried over from Daryna. Maybe someone can pop in and point you to the correct file for shutdown. Good luck.
Thanks, I think I have to live with 'non'-graphical shutddown. Regards Ralle

Return to “Installation & Boot”