[Request] Mint logo without letters

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lunestic

[Request] Mint logo without letters

Post by Lunestic »

I am requesting the leaf logo without the letters "lm"
Being a total newbie in Gimp/design, I don't know how to do this.

http://cathbard.com/images/mint/mint-logo.svg

It would also be great if the same could be done for this logo version, but it would probably be more difficult
http://torrentcell.net/torrents/images/30249.png

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: [Request] Mint logo without letters

Post by xenopeek »

It's probably easier to edit the .svg file with Inkscape--a vector drawing program, so one meant to work with vector graphics such as your .svg file. Don't try and do that with gimp :wink:
hexdef101

Post by hexdef101 »

I can provide you the Base Flat Logo actually. In fact I edited the Svg and Removed the extra elements myself in gimp.

I don't know Inkscape, or I would do my icons in it as they would resize better. I just usually make them Large, then resize them downward :lol:

slider
Level 5
Level 5

Post by slider »

Hi Lunestic

Here is the Cathbard version modified with the "font layers" removed in a PNG format. *SVG upload is not allowed here.*
modified-cathbard-mint-logo.png
Version the same size as the one at "torrentcell":
large-modified-cathbard-mint-logo.png
As for the image from "torrentcell" I would need an SVG instead of a PNG. It has an extra leaf image layer to it. This could be duplicated with a new leaf image placed on an SVG file then cut to fit in order to get the quality needed.

If you would like the source file for the blank just drop me a PM. Inkscape is required!

Hope this helps.

S
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds the timid join him for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
Mark Twain

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”