Export theme?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
badmotor

Export theme?

Post by badmotor »

I've customised some desktop themes in Elyssa. How can I export them so I can share with others?
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Export theme?

Post by Zwopper »

If you have saved the themes, they should be in your home folder in the .themes folder.
Remember to include all dependencies like icons, wallpaper and the likes... :idea:
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
badmotor

Post by badmotor »

Zwopper wrote:If you have saved the themes, they should be in your home folder in the .themes folder.
Remember to include all dependencies like icons, wallpaper and the likes... :idea:
Cool - thanks dude.
badmotor

Post by badmotor »

Actually - when you say don't forget icons etc, aren't they included the theme folder I have saved to by default?
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

badmotor wrote:Actually - when you say don't forget icons etc, aren't they included the theme folder I have saved to by default?
Nope!
If it's a "system" icon theme, it's installed in /usr/share/icons/NAME_OF_ICON_THEME/, but if it's an icon theme installed by you it's in /home/YOUR_NAME/.icons/NAME_OF_ICON_THEME/
Cursors are in the icons folder btw, but if you include the background it only links to it, so it would be smart to include that as well.
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
badmotor

Post by badmotor »

Zwopper wrote:
badmotor wrote:Actually - when you say don't forget icons etc, aren't they included the theme folder I have saved to by default?
Nope!
If it's a "system" icon theme, it's installed in /usr/share/icons/NAME_OF_ICON_THEME/, but if it's an icon theme installed by you it's in /home/YOUR_NAME/.icons/NAME_OF_ICON_THEME/
Cursors are in the icons folder btw, but if you include the background it only links to it, so it would be smart to include that as well.
Ah, I see. :|
AnthraxBass

Post by AnthraxBass »

I'm sorry to resurrect the old topic, but I cant figure out how to export my theme (including Controls/Colors/Window border/Icons/Pointer) from LMDE to different machine.

$HOME/.themes includes only some strange file/link and that's all. I've manually copied /usr/share/icons/Mint-X, but it's not enough. Is there a simple way to copy my theme as one package/archive ?
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

AnthraxBass,
don't resurrect old topics.
this one is 4 years old- any kind of information here (specially theme-related) is of no relevance for the ed/version you are using today.
start a new topic addressing your problem.

Return to “MATE”