lsusb hangs [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Verlager
Level 2
Level 2

lsusb hangs [SOLVED]

Post by Verlager »

I was trying to get my Plextor ConvertX PX-TV402U to work with LM Elyssa and I accidently borked my system. Now, when I type lsusb or sudo lsusb the terminal window hangs. Control-C ^C will not stop the process.

How can I get the lsusb command to work again?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: lsusb hangs

Post by Husse »

It could be either the terminal or the USB subsystem that is the problem
I guess the terminal - try to reinstall it (use synaptic)
But of course make a hard reboot first (shut down and let it be turned off a couple of minutes before starting up again)
Verlager
Level 2
Level 2

Re: lsusb hangs

Post by Verlager »

The problem is not the terminal. Every other valid command works, lspci, etc. But a hard reboot solved the problem. Thank you, Husse!

Return to “Beginner Questions”