Linux Mint 17 codenamed “Qiana”

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
konjad

Re: Linux Mint 17 codenamed “Qiana”

Post by konjad »

ElStellino wrote:I comment just to subscribe to this thread, and be updated asap. Waiting for the new release so I will format my 1TB hard drive, and reinstall everything. Gonna get a new 2TB to back up everything :)
It's gonna be released at the end of May (that's the plan at least, which probably means June), why bother subscribing to a discussion if you can just check out the site in 2 months? They aren't going to make a surprise and release it ie. in April, because they have to wait for the new Ubuntu themselves.
dddan

Post by dddan »

Plan to upgrade the current maya to Qiana. Tks all.
konjad

Post by konjad »

dddan wrote:Plan to upgrade the current maya to Qiana. Tks all.
Thx for letting us know.
ElStellino
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ElStellino »

konjad wrote:
ElStellino wrote:I comment just to subscribe to this thread, and be updated asap. Waiting for the new release so I will format my 1TB hard drive, and reinstall everything. Gonna get a new 2TB to back up everything :)
It's gonna be released at the end of May (that's the plan at least, which probably means June), why bother subscribing to a discussion if you can just check out the site in 2 months? They aren't going to make a surprise and release it ie. in April, because they have to wait for the new Ubuntu themselves.
And you, why bothering commenting for letting me know? Don't you find it stupid? Does it bother you so much to know that I bothered subscribing to a forum post to receive updates?
Yes I did it to know it in my email box, rather than coming continuously on the blog/forum if you wonder, is it so odd?
Also, to be entirely honest I don't give a flying damn of what you think. I am still subscribed for that matter, and so are you.
Linux Mint 21.1 – Cinnamon-64

Hardware, since 2009 – still rocking:
MB - ASRock H55DE3
Core i3 530 2.93Ghz 
4Gb DDR3 Ram Dual Channel
And there’s a new entry!
Acer laptop
Intel© Core™ i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz × 2
6GB RAM
bugreprt
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bugreprt »

Will a fix for Realtek RTL8192CU wireless devices be included in Qiana (17)? It didn't work out of the box in Petra (16).
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

Thanks for all the efforts!
Good to know. :D

By the way, you can always subscribe to a forum topic/thread without having to comment by scrolling to the bottom of any topic thread page and checking the Subscribe to topic check box. at the lower left. Just so you know. :wink:
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
ElStellino
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ElStellino »

kmb42vt wrote: Good to know. :D

By the way, you can always subscribe to a forum topic/thread without having to comment by scrolling to the bottom of any topic thread page and checking the Subscribe to topic check box. at the lower left. Just so you know. :wink:
Thanks,
But... what is all this hate with you, guys?
Good to know that you know, but don't you think that your comment is as useless as mine, and I just got a useless notification for it, and so all the people who silently subscribed, as you suggested?
You could have sent me a PM sorting the same effect of giving useful information without notifying uselessly other people. Just so you know for the next time. :wink:

MB - ASRock H55DE3
Core i3 530 2.93Ghz 
And there’s a new entry!
Acer laptop
6GB RAM
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

ElStellino wrote:
kmb42vt wrote: Good to know. :D

Thanks,
But... what is all this hate with you, guys?
Good to know that you know, but don't you think that your comment is as useless as mine, and I just got a useless notification for it, and so all the people who silently subscribed, as you suggested?
You could have sent me a PM sorting the same effect of giving useful information without notifying uselessly other people. Just so you know for the next time. :wink:
Actually, ElStellino, there was absolutely nothing wrong with your comment at all and everything wrong with the response you got. There was no call for it. I just wanted to let you know about another way you can subscribe to a thread just in case you hadn't noticed it. It actually took me a year before I noticed that little check box at the bottom of the page.

And if you'd like to keep an eye on how the testing process is going for the next upcoming release, bookmark the following page:

http://community.linuxmint.com/iso

Sometime around the beginning of May you should see the pre-release versions of LM 17 show up in the list and you can check on how the testing is going. No downloads though as Mint doesn't release alphas or betas to the public, only RCs but it's a good place to check out how things are progressing.

No hate here my friend. :)
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

Looking forward to it. I wish LTS versions were named after any species of penguin. Still, there's a limit on the number of species for penguins and not all the names are that great anyway.

http://www.penguins.cl/penguins-species.htm

Is there some sort of set convention to the naming of versions other than alphabetically?
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Spearmint2 wrote:Is there some sort of set convention to the naming of versions other than alphabetically?
Yep. Female names, and they must end with an "a".
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

tdockery97 wrote:
Spearmint2 wrote:Is there some sort of set convention to the naming of versions other than alphabetically?
You mean like Tuxana? Tuxciana? Tuxerina? Tuxanya? Or perhaps Tuxakillashandra? :wink:
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

The Aussies would probably like "Sheila".
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
ElStellino
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ElStellino »

kmb42vt wrote:.........
And if you'd like to keep an eye on how the testing process is going for the next upcoming release, bookmark the following page:

http://community.linuxmint.com/iso

Sometime around the beginning of May you should see the pre-release versions of LM 17 show up in the list and you can check on how the testing is going. No downloads though as Mint doesn't release alphas or betas to the public, only RCs but it's a good place to check out how things are progressing.

No hate here my friend. :)
Thanks for the link, I admit I didn't know of the little check box, nor of the iso link to be bookmarked.
Sorry I reacted a bit too harshly - but I was still a bit upset by the previous comment, and yours just added up.

peace and love. :)

MB - ASRock H55DE3
Core i3 530 2.93Ghz 
And there’s a new entry!
Acer laptop
6GB RAM
ardouos

Post by ardouos »

tdockery97 wrote:
Also in alphabetical order.
artur73
Level 1
Level 1

Post by artur73 »

May I have suggestion to the next - probably18th - version of Linux Mint's female name?
I've got badly ill sister, her name is Renata. Of course it is not a must, just kindly ask.
I think she would be happy to know her name would live forever.
I must addmit I feel a bit stupid asking for that but in her illness I cannot offer her much more than this.
Should you have other ideas for the 18th Mint name, do not worry, I will be fine whatever your decision will be.
Pardon me for probably too personal and embarrasing question.
Regards
Artur Soltysiak
turtlebay777

Post by turtlebay777 »

andklein wrote:I would like to point out:

Yeeeah, Cinnamon 2.2 :mrgreen:

OK, Mate!
Eggnog
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Eggnog »

artur73 wrote:May I have suggestion to the next - probably18th - version of Linux Mint's female name?
I've got badly ill sister, her name is Renata. Of course it is not a must, just kindly ask.
I must addmit I feel a bit stupid asking for that but in her illness I cannot offer her much more than this.
Should you have other ideas for the 18th Mint name, do not worry, I will be fine whatever your decision will be.
Regards
Artur Soltysiak
Works for me.
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

artur73 wrote:May I have suggestion to the next - probably18th - version of Linux Mint's female name?
Regards
Artur Soltysiak

Maybe. Reminds me of the name from Beatles album, "Rhonda".
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

I've got badly ill sister, her name is Renata.
I like it. Keep your eyes open after Mint 17 is released. A forum thread is usually opened to get suggested names for the next version.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

tdockery97 wrote:
I've got badly ill sister, her name is Renata.
I like it. Keep your eyes open after Mint 17 is released. A forum thread is usually opened to get suggested names for the next version.
I think it would be a fine thing to do.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”