Menu Editor - LH column of menu ? [SOLVED]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ron_h
Level 4
Level 4

Menu Editor - LH column of menu ? [SOLVED]

Post by ron_h »

LMDE 201403 Cinnamon :
I have found out how to use the menu editor (RMB on Menu icon and select Configure). That allows me to edit the centre and RH (Applications) part of the menu.

How do I edit the LH column of the menu ? I have removed Software Manager from the apps in Administration on the RH part of the menu as I decided I preferred to use Synaptic Package Manager. But Software Manager is still in the icons in the LH column, and I'd like to either delete it
-- I have since rebooted (for other reasons) and I notice that Software Manager is no longer in the icons in the LH column :) which is good, I guess
or preferably replace it with Synaptic Package Manager.
-- I would still like to have Synaptic Package Manager in the LH column, so the question is, How do I add it to there ?

Ron

PS why is the Main Menu as selected from Preferences different from the Main Menu from Configure (which appears to be the same as the actual Main Menu) ? From Preferences it appears to be using much the same menu editor as from Configure but the content is different, and the content is not the same as the actual Main Menu.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sadhu
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Menu Editor - LH column of menu ?

Post by sadhu »

to remove items from the left column of the menu, just drag them to the applications area on the menu.

See http://superuser.com/questions/516496/h ... linux-mint
sabbe sattā bhavantu sukhitattā. LM 21.2-64 Cinn 5.8.4
ron_h
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Menu Editor - LH column of menu ?

Post by ron_h »

Many thanks.

You can drag from the Applications area to add them the LH column as well. This does not remove the item from the Application area !

Ron

Return to “LMDE Archive”