Bluetooth audio not working

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dimi

Bluetooth audio not working

Post by dimi »

I have trouble connecting my LMDE laptop to my car stereo via bluetooth.

The car stereo shows up in my Bluetooth devices, but I cannot connect. And when I try to connect from my car stereo, my laptop shows up but it cannot connect either.

I can't remember how, but before on my laptop it did say it was connected to the car stereo, I must have been able to pair them before, but even then I wasn't able to play audio via the car stereo and on the stereo it said no bluetooth audio device was connected. My car stereo is a JVC KD-X50BT.

Code: Select all

$ lsusb | grep Bluetooth
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0489:e00f Foxconn / Hon Hai Foxconn T77H114 BCM2070 [Single-Chip Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Adapter]

$ /etc/init.d/bluetooth status
[ ok ] bluetooth is running.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dimi

Re: Bluetooth audio not working

Post by dimi »

I'm connected to my Car Radio, it shows up in my Bluetooth menu:
Bluetooth Settings.png
But in my Volume Management I cannot see any Bluetooth option, where should I be able to choose audio should be sent to the Bluetooth device?
Volume Control.png
hunternet93

Post by hunternet93 »

I found the solution! Sorry to dig up an old post, but I had a hard time finding any info on this so I though I'd post here for others. The solution is actually simple: Just install Pulseaudio and Pulseaudio's Bluetooth module with the command:

sudo apt-get install pulseaudio pulseaudio-module-bluetooth pavucontrol
Edit the file /etc/bluetooth.d/audio.conf with your favorite editor and add the line "Enable=Socket" under the "[General]" heading.
Then, restart pulseaudio with the command:

pulseaudio -k; pulseaudio --start
Connect your headset with the bluetooth applet, then click the applet, select your headset, and click the "Open sound preferences" item. Your headset should show up as disabled in the devices menu, select "High Fidelity Playback" from the Profile menu to enable it. Then under Output select it as the default output. For some reason the "Test speakers" button didn't make any sound for me, but audio worked from everything else. Now I can wander about my room and still get sound from my computer! Hope this helps someone else. I used this post to figure this out: http://www.funzt.info/?p=783

EDIT: Missed a step. It's there now.
krige

Post by krige »

I had a similar problem with my Sennheiser MM 450-X bluetooth headset, they were correctly paired with my computer but no audio was coming out from them; they did not appear in the "Play sound through" list of the Sound Settings panel. I managed to have them appear in the list by following hunternet93 solution and running:

sudo apt-get install pulseaudio pulseaudio-module-bluetooth pavucontrol
pulseaudio -k; pulseaudio --start
I did not need to edit the /etc/bluetooth.d/audio.conf file (the file doesn't actually exist).

The audio comes very badly from the headphones though, and it is probably due to the fact that it's currently working in "Telephony Duplex (HSP/HFP)" mode. The other mode, "High Fidelity Playback (A2DP)", appears in the list, I can select it but it doesn't seem to be "activated": if I close the Sound Settings panel and open it again, the "Telephony Duplex (HSP/HFP)" mode appears selected again.
ergoman

Post by ergoman »

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... omments/15

^^ This solution worked for me to get A2DP working

Return to “LMDE Archive”