Quicklaunchbar like XFCE in cinammon?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Schwarzie

Quicklaunchbar like XFCE in cinammon?

Post by Schwarzie »

Hi

is it possible to have a Windows XP like quick Launch bar? Something that i can set freel on any side of my Desktop? So far i only found the option for the Tastbar at the top or the bottom or both. And i also found that i can add Links to it, but unfortunally that does not fullfill my requirements.

I prefer to have a "Taskbar" in the bottom of the Screen and my quicklaunchbar on the left side. With my XFCE tryouts that wa easy enough to reproduce but so far i found no way to reproduce it with the othwerwise more beautiful cinnamon.

Any suggestions? Or is there a tool that i can install that gives me this capability?

Something like this:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img847/ ... ar0003.jpg

This is actually the most important option in any gui for me and a make or break for Cinnamon.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kenomann

Re: Quicklaunchbar like XFCE in cinammon?

Post by Kenomann »

Try "docky". It is in the Softwarecenter.
Schwarzie

Post by Schwarzie »

Thats a nice tool, optically i now have what i wanted. One issue so: Docky emulates a taskbar, it actually shows all currently running proramms. Is there a possibility to configure it that way that ONLY shortcuts are shown there? currenly i have both the taskbar fo cinnamon and docky showing me running tools
phill1978

Post by phill1978 »

Schwarzie wrote:Thats a nice tool, optically i now have what i wanted. One issue so: Docky emulates a taskbar, it actually shows all currently running proramms. Is there a possibility to configure it that way that ONLY shortcuts are shown there? currenly i have both the taskbar fo cinnamon and docky showing me running tools
cant remember exactly, but as with XFCE in the applets list for the taskbar there will be a specific one for displaying running programs...

remove it and that should do it.
Schwarzie

Post by Schwarzie »

unfortunally i cant find such a docklet, i deactivated them all. Its still a Taskbar.

I also tried Tint2 -> crashes on startup
wbar -> basically unconfigurable and full of ugly eyecandy

I think the easyest way is to simply kick cinnamon and go back to xfce, that has this functionality out of the box.

Return to “Cinnamon”