MINT alternate CD??

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Wesley

MINT alternate CD??

Post by Wesley »

hi guys

downloaded mint 5 gnome ISO, booted up on virtualbox (XP host), got to the desktop, looks very nice, but when i install, the partition bit just hang at 20% doing nothing.

so i think it's related to virtualbox, not the MINT itself, so i'm wondered if it's possible to install MINT without LIVE CD? just like Ubuntu-alternate CD.

Thanks

Wesley
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: MINT alternate CD??

Post by 67GTA »

Mint does not have an alternate CD version.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Is it possible to install the ubuntu alternate cd and then adding the Minty flavor once it's up and running?
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

Not really. Mint 5 isn't directly based on Hardy, so a minimal Hardy install with Mint repos, still won't equal Mint. You will have a mixture of both without the stableness of Mint. Clem makes a lot of changes under the hood that is not done in Ubuntu also.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
rbanavara

Post by rbanavara »

If you are keen on getting it installed on VM, then probably we can try to find whats makes it stall at 20%. If you run the install command from command prompt, it should dispaly some errors. Based on that you may be able troubleshoot the install. Else you can post here the error. To get the command line for installable, the desktop icon properties should help.

Return to “Installation & Boot”