Mint Menu theme

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
woodsman

Mint Menu theme

Post by woodsman »

LMDE fully updated. Mint newbie.

I seem unable to save the mint menu theme in Mate. I selected "Use custom colors" and the Clearlooks theme. The next time I log in the mint menu is back to the default.

In which config file is the theme selction saved? I grepped (grep -i) my ~ directory and found no related files with 'clearlooks'.

Any ideas?

Thanks. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: Mint Menu theme

Post by kukamuumuka »

You can install custom themes to ~/.themes folder. I do not know why you cannot save theme.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

I suspect that you have to rename the custom theme to save it.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
woodsman

Post by woodsman »

I am not creating a new theme. I am only selecting a different preinstalled Mint Menu theme. When I login the Mint Menu theme is always the default.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Get mintMenu 5.5.3 from here, this bug should be fixed there.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hm, I see mintMenu 5.5.4 on the linked page, no 5.5.3. So I assume 5.5.4 would be all right as well?!
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

So Clem released a new version today... It seems that this version contains some things specific to Mint 17. I suggest getting 5.5.3 from here then.
woodsman

Post by woodsman »

Get mintMenu 5.5.3 from here, this bug should be fixed there.
I don't see 5.5.3 or 5.5.4, just 5.5.1 and 5.5.5. Looks like 5.5.5 was pushed today (May 6). The mintmenu change log seems devoid of meaningful information. How do you know the problem I am discussing is fixed?

I am sure this information is available in the forum or a wiki, but what is the proper way to manually install updates such that the package managers do not get confused. Providing a link is fine.

Thanks. :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”