shortcuts on panel overlap minimized apps

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
TPUSER
Level 1
Level 1

shortcuts on panel overlap minimized apps

Post by TPUSER »

Hi. Relatively new to Mate. Thought I could figure out this simple problem, but can't:
I made a few quick launch icons on the panel and placed them to the left side beside the 'click here to hide all windows and show the desktop'. However, if I minimize an app, it is somehow hidden UNLESS I move the quick launch icons to the right.
Question then. How do I make my minimize windows minimize to the RIGHT of the quick launchers?
Thanks.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: shortcuts on panel overlap minimized apps

Post by kyphi »

There is a little "spacer" next to the Menu that looks like 3 stacked horizontal lines. Right click on that, unlock it and move it to the right past your launchers. Lock it in position when finished. Now your minimised applications will appear to the right of the spacer.
I hope that I explained this clearly - I am not a MATE user but experimented with an installation of Linux Mint 16 MATE in VirtualBox.
Linux Mint 20.0 Cinnamon - 64bit
TPUSER
Level 1
Level 1

Re: shortcuts on panel overlap minimized apps

Post by TPUSER »

kyphi wrote:There is a little "spacer" next to the Menu that looks like 3 stacked horizontal lines. Right click on that, unlock it and move it to the right past your launchers. Lock it in position when finished. Now your minimised applications will appear to the right of the spacer.
I hope that I explained this clearly - I am not a MATE user but experimented with an installation of Linux Mint 16 MATE in VirtualBox.
Well thanks for that! So simple, I couldn't figure it out!

Return to “LMDE Archive”