LM17 Lxde edition

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
defcon

LM17 Lxde edition

Post by defcon »

Hi,
Will there be a Lxde edition from LM17?

Cheers
Jens
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
konjad

Re: LM17 Lxde edition

Post by konjad »

No.
defcon

Post by defcon »

:(
Anonymo

Post by Anonymo »

What about LXQt?
konjad

Post by konjad »

No.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

No. :(

Considering, there are no current releases of LinuxMint with a LXDE or Fluxbox edition, and there are no plans to revive these editions
... a false sense of hope that these editions might return for LinuxMint-17 or later

LinuxMint users wishing to use LXDE can install it easily. I generally recommend those users to take the Xfce release as a base, as Xfce is trivial to remove after installing LXDE (Cinnamon, MATE, and KDE have many more packages installed--with not so uniform names).
ashfaq

Post by ashfaq »

vrkalak wrote:No. :(

Considering, there are no current releases of LinuxMint with a LXDE or Fluxbox edition, and there are no plans to revive these editions
... a false sense of hope that these editions might return for LinuxMint-17 or later

LinuxMint users wishing to use LXDE can install it easily. I generally recommend those users to take the Xfce release as a base, as Xfce is trivial to remove after installing LXDE (Cinnamon, MATE, and KDE have many more packages installed--with not so uniform names).
Okay, I have installed lxde package, and I am in lxde session! I want my default 'Mint-menu' and 'Nemo' as my default file manager on Mint-17, Can any one help me achieve this, if found flawless, I might test lxde fully for some time. My installed version is cinnamon though!
Hope some on will come forward to guide me to do the needful. Thanks in advance.
nomko

Post by nomko »

ashfaq wrote:I want my default 'Mint-menu'
An earlier topic regarding the same question:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=79709
This thread on the LXDE forum redirects to the above link, so the above link should work.
ashfaq wrote: 'Nemo' as my default file manager on Mint-17
[/quote]
Here's a how-to to set nautilus as default filemanager under LXDE. This might work for you as well:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/155897/h ... er-in-lxde
Were you see Nautilus, you must read Nemo. Nemo is a fork of Nautilus using the same package-base only modified for Mint, so basically this how-to should work.

Return to “Software & Applications”