Aren't we lucky!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
turtlebay777

Aren't we lucky!

Post by turtlebay777 »

We have access to a wonderful series of distros culminating with the latest and greatest version, Mint 17 Quiana LTS.

We know that it will be faithfully supported by Clem and the team for the next five years.

Especially we don't get all the messing about the Windowlites get, with computers that refuse to shut down until all the updates are finished, often with duff updates that tell them their OS isn't genuine. Pity those who upgraded from 7 to 8, then 8.1, then 8.1 update 1, etc etc!

Then they spend one third of their time waiting for anti virus and malware scans to complete, then they have to shut down to ...... blah blah!!

What a nightmare!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mbohets

Re: Aren't we lucky!

Post by mbohets »

Indeed, I fully agree with this.
That is the reason why I switched to linux some years ago.

I give some PC support to family, and when I see how much time you need to spend on making their PCs usable again after they
collected loads of garbage, I am always happy I don't have that kind of problems myself.

In order to cut the time (usually about a full day) I need to spend on their PCs, I create a separate data partition and make a disk clone of their C: drive,
so if their PC gets horribly slow again, I just have to slap on the C: disk image again and this takes me about 30 minutes.
I also tell them that if they manage to loose their disk image copy, I won't help them anymore because it will take up too much time to reinstall a fresh copy of windows.
linux-dummie
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Aren't we lucky!

Post by linux-dummie »

Heh. If Microsoft asked for a referral bonus from Mint for every "customer" they sent this way, they would make a killing! :P

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”