How to install google earth?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Arp
Level 3
Level 3

How to install google earth?

Post by Arp »

Hi,

I have LMDE 64 bit installed, and I simply cant install google earth. The 64 bit version will not install because ia32-libs is no longer in the repositories, and when I try installing the 32 bit version, it first says that all dependencies are met, but while installing, it failes because of dependency problems ...
If I choose the package from synaptic, it says that the package is broken.

Is there a good and easy way to install it?

Thx.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
py-thon

Re: How to install google earth?

Post by py-thon »

It works in my case with the versions from repo (6.02.2074-r0-1mint2).
But my 64-bit system is an old install, so it still has ia32-libs v.1:0.5 as a dependency.
What I had to do on both systems 64-bit and 32-bit was to change the name of /opt/google/free/libcurl.so.4 (to anything you like) to make Google Earth work.

v7 from google.com did install (when I tried on my 64-bit-system in March), but after install only works on the first start and then never again.

Have you tried with ia32-libs from Wheezy-repos? It is v.1:0.4 so it might work.
newtusmaximus

Re: How to install google earth? SOLVED

Post by newtusmaximus »

Re removing libcurl.so.4 file. on Google Earth 6.1.0.4857 (beta) 32 bit. Mint Maya. Purpose to remove the HTTP Error when searching.
Have tried deleteing Libcurl as suggested. However unable to rename or delete as I don't have "permission." Not owner.
Please how do I resovle the problem. Thank you

SOLVED - Had to go into terminal NOT GUI

su and password to get into root
rm /opt/google/earth/free/libcurl.so.4 = To remove libcurl.so.4 file
Then close terminal and reboot Google Earth. Search now works .

Hope this helps someone - Probably elsewhere in "Mint History"

Return to “LMDE Archive”