Stuck in loading after running in linux comp. mode

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Stuck in loading after running in linux comp. mode

Post by Husse »

Took me a while to get what you mean...
Did you check the md5sum of the ISO and burned slowly?
It can be a bad CD
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mrsir115

Post by mrsir115 »

I am experiencing a slightly similar issue as well. I am trying to install Elyssa R1, and when I choose the first boot option, it loads the files, than it sits there and says "Ready" and does nothing (I also pressed num lock to see if the computer possibly locked up, and I did not get any feedback from the keyboard :( )

So then I reboot and tried in Compatibility Mode and it loads but then I get a text error at the end saying "clocksource tsc unstable (Delta = -299242485969 ns)"

Its been on that now for about 30 minutes and has not showed any activity.

I used a prodisc archive CD-R burning at 32x and no go still. I could go slower if needed but those CD's are not the cheapest :cry:

My Systems specs are:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
2GB DDR2800 (I tried 4GB but I thought that may have been the issue)
Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2
WDC 160GB SATAII HDD

If you need any more info, I can get it to you ;)

This is my first time here, and would be my first time using Linux Mint. I love the name, it sounds so...er...refreshing :lol:

Thank you for any help! I appreciate it!
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

kidnameryan,

OK, I had to look up your model number. You have a laptop. Seems laptops are where all the "fun issues" are these days. The desktops are boring because they simply work. ha, ha, ha...

I have a friend with a Compaq laptop where the whole system just got "stuck" and would not do anything else. Come to find out, if you move your finger across that trackpad every so often, everything would keep running and load. Oddly, we had to reboot the machine one time right in the middle of the partitioning phase. Not sure what it was, but I knew the CD was a good one since I had just used it on my own machine an hour earlier. After those two tiny issues, his Mint 5 install fired right up and has been a flawless performer ever since. Maybe you have an issue that might be similar. Good luck.
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

mrsir115,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having a problem, but perhaps it can get sorted out quickly enough.

When you burned your CD, did you burn it as an ISO? That might make a difference. Did you make sure your MD5 matched? All I use are inexpensive Memorex CD-Rs in an Optiarc DVD/RW and have not had a bad burn yet. Your hardware specs are much better than anything I have, by the way. You should be having a better experience. Good luck, and please post back with your progress.
mrsir115

Post by mrsir115 »

Thank you rivenought. I did burn it as an ISO. Only problem is I am using Deep Burner because, well, to be honest, its free :lol:

I was thinking it may be the software I was using. I could download a trial of nero or something and try it that way. I did not think about checking the MD5. I probably should do that to avoid burning another coaster :lol:

I will post back with, hopefully, some great progress. :)

Thank you again for your help! I appreciate it.

yes, Kidnameryan, I am thinking the same exact thing :wink: I'll go as slow as the DVD-RW drive allows.
mrsir115

Post by mrsir115 »

My Latest update...fail.

I confirmed the MD5, all was good.
I burned it as an ISO using Nero 8 trial at the slowest speed possible (8x), and it burned well and all was still good.
I rebooted and started it up normal, same screen showed up, and stayed there all through my viewing of Galaxy Angel Rune (30mins)
I took a picture with my camera so you can see what its stuck on
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee86 ... 0076-1.jpg

Then onto Compatibility mode
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee86 ... CT0077.jpg
^perhaps this output will help ;)

So I took out the old DVD-RW drive thinking perhaps it had gone bad, and replaced it with my known good NEC DVD-RW drive, and tried different media.
I burned again as an ISO using Nero, slow speed, and all went well.
I rebooted...Same Screen, So then I tried Compatibility mode, and well, same screen I posted above again.

So I zero'd out the possibility of DVD-RW drives and media. The motherboard is only a month or two old, most of the stuff in my computer is brand new. I reset the Bios and everything so now I am banging my head on my desk thinking whats going wrong :lol: well ok, its not that bad, but still.

I guess I'll try Version 4, and see if I have any luck with that. With any luck at all, I can upgrade though that.

If you have a solution though, your help would be appreciated. I would like to thank everyone for their help as well. Thank you!

Scratch all that up there, I put in the command "acpi=off" at splash screen (found out how. feel like such a n00b :oops: ) and it booted it. We did not have a gui at first but now its up and I am posting using the Live CD. Will post again once I get Vista installed so I don't fubar anything :P
Husse

Post by Husse »

wrong chipset detected .915 resolution only works with intel ? :shock:
A large number of drivers are included by default and if you don't have an Intel this shows up :)

Return to “Installation & Boot”