Acronis True Image

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
AllanPen
Level 2
Level 2

Acronis True Image

Post by AllanPen »

I can't get Acronis True Image in Windows 8.1 to backup a Mint 17 Mate Image. It worked with 16 and prior. I get the same results on my laptop and PC. I wonder if anyone else here has that problem.

Thanks, Allan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Acronis True Image

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Allan.

I cannot tell you why Acronis on Windows 8.1 was able to do an image backup of your Mint 16 partition and why it refuses to do an image backup of your Mint 17 partition.
I use Windows 7, not 8.1. I do not use Acronis at all.
But I do use Mint 16 and Mint 17. So I can assure you both use ext4 disk partitions by default, unless you instructed them to do something different. So from a formal point of view a Mint 16 partition and a Mint 17 partition must look absolutely identical to Windows 8.1. It does not understand either of the 2 without resorting to third party driver software.
No idea why Acronis recognized your Mint 16 partition, but does not recognize your Mint 17 partition.

Guess you may have to wait for some Linux Mint user who uses Windows plus Acronis to offer his help ...

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 750 days now.
Lifeline
MartyMint
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MartyMint »

You can always use the Acronis Recsue Disk to make and restore your backups outside of the OS.

I've been doing that for over 8 years.
Cobber

Post by Cobber »

MartyMint wrote:You can always use the Acronis Recsue Disc to make and restore your backups outside of the OS.
I agree. I never run Acronis from within Windows. Create a rescue disc, with the Full Acronis Version on it and boot your computer from that disc.

You will be able to see ALL your partitions, including hidden system ones and Linux (including Swap).

The drive letters won't match though, so you need to ensure your partitions have a volume label (description) first, so you know which ones are which.
AllanPen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by AllanPen »

Use the rescue cd, hmm never thought of that; thanks guys

Return to “Open Chat”