How to change the color in nemo ?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ddreamer

How to change the color in nemo ?

Post by ddreamer »

I am using LMDE + cinnamon desktop + Nemo file browser with latest update. I've got a problem to see clearly the letters when I tried to rename a file in the Nemo. The foreground letters are very dark gray and the background is complete black. Such combination makes it very hard to identify the letters. How can I change the foreground and background color of the filename to make the filename clearly visible when I rename it in the Nemo ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mdavies5
Level 3
Level 3

Re: How to change the color in nemo ?

Post by mdavies5 »

I am using same configuration as you with Mint-x theme. In Nemo the files are listed balck on white. When I right click to rename the file is listed white on green. I have tried other Themes but they do not change Nemo. Are you using some odd Theme?
Cheers, Mike
ddreamer

Post by ddreamer »

I didn't use any odd Theme. In fact, I just don't touch them after system intallation. In system settings, there are 3 themes in default: Cinnamon, Linux Mint, and Mint-X. I have tried them all and found the same problem as I described. What you described is right in some way: "When I right click to rename the file is listed white on green". BUT, when you started to type in the new filename, the filename color tuned too dark to distinguish from the background.
ddreamer

Post by ddreamer »

Hi, mdavies5,
Did you have similar experience as I described ?
mdavies5
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mdavies5 »

Hi ddreamer,
Sorry for delay, the auto notification seems not to be working. When I begin to type the color reverts to normal black on white. I am using Nvidia drivers but don't think this is the issue,
Cheers, Mike

Return to “LMDE Archive”