Microsoft Ergonomic Natural Keyboard 4000 Not Working

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Microsoft Ergonomic Natural Keyboard 4000 Not Working

Post by Husse »

This is a case where xorg.conf still has it's use
What does the keyboard section look like?
I presume you can use another keyboard temporarily
(/etc/X11/xorg.conf)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Strange, because I had no issues with the previous setup in Windows XP x64...
Maybe, but it's always a "team work" between hard- and software
Could be that the keyboard buffer in win is different
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

I have seen several different varieties of keyboard issues crop up over the years. It could be something minor or (rarely) something major. Just tossing ideas out... Have you tried using a USB-PS/2 adapter plug to change the USB keyboard back into a PS/2 keyboard? Have you plugged the USB keyboard in a different USB port on the back or front to verify? Those are the first two things I would try.

It is possible that HAL or the USB driver may not be loading properly/in time for the keyboard to function. I think I remember reading about that in another forum a while back. Not sure if that applies in your case, but I thought I would mention it for your further research.

I have a Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard 1.0A with a PS/2 plug. I know that model works in normal use, as well as with a KVM switch. Hopefully, you keyboard issue is a quick fix. Good luck.

Return to “Hardware Support”