G'day from Down Under

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nwarp

G'day from Down Under

Post by nwarp »

Although I've been using Linux Mint for sometime I know little about it. I use it for Boinc Manager number crunching for the Malaria Control Project, listening to music and Pulse radio. I boot the PC each morning and let it do its thing for the day. It is wired to a cable modem for internet access. I also have a dual band wifi system using MS operating systems. The PC's are 5G while the HP printer communicates with the PC's in the lower band. I decided I will learn more about Linux Mint and have purchased Linux Mint Essentials by Jay Lacroix I'm up to page 10 LOL. A bit about myself I'm an Australian aged 75 in a few months. Retired from Aviation Meteorology. Computing helps fill in my day. I communicate with family who are scattered around the world. Inter State in Oz, Canada, Japan and the US.
Regards
From Down Under
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: G'day from Down Under

Post by The-Wizard »

G'day blue...
welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
SandsOfArrakis

Post by SandsOfArrakis »

Welcome to our little Mint community :)
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

Welcome in the Linux Mint Community! Enjoy! :wink:
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

Welcome :D
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

:mrgreen: ..:: Welcome to LinuxMint ::.. :mrgreen:

Read everything you can -- Forums - Wiki - IRC

Linux: Tricks of the Trade > http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355
What works for Ubuntu, usually works for Mint > http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/
Linux Alternative to Windows > http://www.linuxalt.com/
LinuxMint Community Forums - Tutorials > http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/welcome

** Remember, all OS-Distro, Apps, DE/WM are Open-Source and have a Help-Forum
nwarp

Post by nwarp »

Thankyou to those who replied to my introduction message. Only comment I have after initial installation of distro its a pity all HD's are not automatically mounted when the distro is installed like in MS automatic c: and d: drives Thats my next job to mount a second HD.
Regards
noelbeth55

Post by noelbeth55 »

From one Aussie to another welcome. I have only had Mint 17 for a couple of weeks and love it. No going back to MS for me. Come back one year. NEXT.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

G'day from WA :D

we moved away from the World of Windows several years ago,
and are still virus free !. :lol:

- Linux IS Different, - so do take the time to learn about it.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
noelbeth55

Post by noelbeth55 »

Hi Pierre, i am from the south coast of nsw. Its a wonderful os alright. i only started with 17 cinnamon a couple of weeks ago and i aint going back to MS.
CupidsHelper

Post by CupidsHelper »

Hello. Glad you are here. Enjoy. :)
jesica

Post by jesica »

Welcome to the forum :mrgreen:
jahid

Post by jahid »

Welcome to the Mint family........ :mrgreen:
apemanx

Post by apemanx »

Hello! Also, from south of the equator!

I introduced my Dad,retired Applied Mathematician, to Linux two years ago. and Wham! He never returned! to anything else! He started doing all his classes and work through Mint and now he might love the Linuxes more than I do!
crispytown

Post by crispytown »

Welcome to Linux, from Country, Victoria, Australia. Maaaaaaate! Have you discovered HDD automount procedures yet? If not message me and I can assist.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”