Very Odd Video Problem needs help

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mediasadness

Very Odd Video Problem needs help

Post by Mediasadness »

I had been using mint 4 for a few months and three days ago I decided to wipe my computer and do a fresh install of Elyssa. I love it. Yesterday i noticed that whenever I open a video (any media player, any video file type) it sometimes shows a .2 second clip of the video I want to watch and then just goes to a black screen, and continues to show the black screen for the remainder of the video. I installed the K-lite codec pack to try and fix it, I also tried reinstalling my ATI video drivers via Envy-ng. Nothing worked, but I found an even more confusing and frusturating part of the problem: If I have any video 'playing' with its black screen, as long as its actually 'playing' I can open any video in any media player (my choices are totem, vlc, mplayer) and it will play just fine.
Has anyone seen this, and what can I do to fix it, thanks! :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Very Odd Video Problem needs help

Post by 67GTA »

Do you have desktop effects/compiz running. If so , try turning them off.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Mediasadness

Re: Very Odd Video Problem needs help

Post by Mediasadness »

Ok, I tried turning all desktop effects off and still the same problem exists. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. :?

Return to “Sound”