ntfs

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: ntfs

Post by scorp123 »

jett wrote:you guys should think about adding virtualization in there
Please google around for Xen ...
jett wrote: so i can run windows in linux.
Why oh why would you want to do that?? But OK, if you really insist: Google around for VMware ...
jett wrote:so i dont have to use wine cause wine doesnt work very well for games.
Google around for Cedega ...
marcus0263
Level 4
Level 4

Post by marcus0263 »

scorp123 wrote:
jett wrote:so i dont have to use wine cause wine doesnt work very well for games.
Google around for Cedega ...
Cedega pretty much bites, my take is get a Play Station, etc. until there is a better selection for Linux native games.
theoneghost
Level 1
Level 1

Post by theoneghost »

Whats wrong with Cedega? I was looking into it. Anything specific?
marcus0263
Level 4
Level 4

Post by marcus0263 »

theoneghost wrote:Whats wrong with Cedega? I was looking into it. Anything specific?
It's hit and miss with the games, some work well from what I hear. Every now and then I pay for a "subscription" to see how they're coming along but have always been disappointed. I guess things like World of Warcraft work well, but I like games like SimCity4 and I've yet been able to get it to run worth a crap.

So I'd say spend $15 and check it out, but make sure you cancel if you're not pleased or they will ding your CC again automatically.

Caveat Emptor
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

lol... I've never managed to run stable simcity 4 even under fully patched and updated winxp pro ... :)))

I managed to get Counter-Strike Source to work under wine, but the graphics quality is nowhere near the native windows enviroment ... and even the performance is lower ...

It's a very sad thing that there is no adequate solution for running games under linux... in the past few months that I've learnt to work under linux I've grown to love this OS very much, but I would never consider removing the windows partition and being completely free because of only one reason - games... I love playing games in my free time and I hate consoles ...
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

marcus0263 wrote:Cedega pretty much bites, my take is get a Play Station, etc. until there is a better selection for Linux native games.
Yes, with Cedega you have to check first if the game you want to run would even work under Cedega. But aside from this it's better than nothing.
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

ya.. but you have to pay... MONTHLY... to get to run games that would look and perform worse than under windows... it's just WRONG!! :evil:
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

NiksaVel wrote:ya.. but you have to pay... MONTHLY... to get to run games that would look and perform worse than under windows... it's just WRONG!! :evil:
Or you compile their sources from CVS :wink:

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”