I have a problems with su and sudo

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Xgamer
Level 2
Level 2

I have a problems with su and sudo

Post by Xgamer »

When I want to run any application as root I cannot gksu don't work in terminal when I type su it gave me a message:

Code: Select all

setgid: Operation not permitted
and when I want to use sudo:

Code: Select all

sudo: /etc/sudoers is owned by uid 1000, should be 0
I dunno what with that can you help me thx? And I think that I make this problems but I dunno how.thx
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BakUp
Level 3
Level 3

Re: I have a problems with su and sudo

Post by BakUp »

I can not be of much help to you, this has happened to me a couple of different times. I found no fix for this scenario, I ended up doing a reinstall.

Try doing a google search with "sudoers is owned by uid 1000, should be 0" and see what you come up with. Also search these forums for "sudoers"

If you do find a fix that works, please post back here so other users can benefit from it. Good luck.......
My Linux Distros:
sidux - Parsix - DreamLinux - Mint
Xgamer
Level 2
Level 2

Re: I have a problems with su and sudo

Post by Xgamer »

Today I'm going to reinstall Mint because I tried install on HDD zenwalk but It's not friendly with my laptop and Mint run on my laptop very well but I'm really waiting for mint64:)

Return to “Software & Applications”