How to make Adobe support Linux

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
.Ne0

How to make Adobe support Linux

Post by .Ne0 »

New subject: How to fund a "3D SVG Animation" export plugin for Blender ?

Well, we have tried asking nicely, through petitions and Adobe's own forums, but Adobe doesn't care.
As every sane Business knows, Customer service should always be #1 priority.

Why ?
Because Customers can make doing Business feel like hell, and without Customers any Business is non-existent.
So, to get Adobe to support Linux, we can and need to take advantage of Adobe's subscription service.

Get Ready for Activism, Occupy Style !

How ?
There are two ways:

First Method:
  • Get subscription to Creative Cloud. Now you are a customer of Adobe.
  • Go create a support ticket for something like "Bug: (program name) not working on Linux". Note: Program name should be among the ones you subscribed for. You could create multiple tickets, one for each program not working on Linux.
  • When they say "We don't support Linux", you reply "then keep this ticket open until you do support Linux".
  • If they close the ticket, create another one.
  • If they block or ban your Creative Cloud account, register for another account with another email.
This method is meant to increase the number of "active" customer tickets talking about no Linux support.

Second method:
  • Get subscription to Creative Cloud for one month.
  • cancel the subscription before the 2nd month, because "Linux not yet supported".
  • then again subscribe in the 3rd month
  • cancel the subscription before the 4th month, because "Linux not yet supported".
  • Keep doing this until you can run the program on Linux. When asked why are you subscribing again, say "to see for myself whether the program is working on Linux"
  • If they block or ban your Creative Cloud account, register for another account with another email.
This method is meant to increase the number of customer "cancellations" due to no Linux support.

These methods require money, but they should also increase Adobe's cost of providing customer service.

Extra Email help:
GMX offers 10 emails under one account.
Google has multiple variations with dots(.) of the same email in a single account -- Example: open.source@gmail.com = opensource@gmail.com = o.pensour.ce@gmail.com
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: How to make Adobe support Linux

Post by all41 »

Get Ready for Activism, Occupy Style
That will scare them for sure!

Like a flea climbing an elephant with rape on his mind.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

Basically no hope of driving Adobe to provide Linux OS services for their product lines
--even if a movie studio might have liked it, since they used a lot of Linux computers for animation..
  • As for the rest of the people, no chance..
It won't be a movement; after all Adobe could (as it's their business) cut anyone OFF from their services (cloud as you suggested), and not feel any affect from that action

Not that I miss Adobe anyway, especially for PDF files
--not only Linux but Windows and freeware/shareware for PDF edits exist and are quite functional enough
  • Whether or not they can match all the functions/features of Adobe's own product(s)
If I really need an adobe product, I could install a VM (Virtualbox) and run their application inside that VM under my Linux OS host

If the Matrix existed, we could just whisper into the wind and the transmission would evolve.
--but I also like the previous answer "a flea.." tripping around an Elephant
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Somehow the first posts in both threads ring a bell here: :wink:
+ Ubuntu Forum: How to make Adobe support Linux
+ Mint Froum: How to make Adobe support Linux
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
MartyMint
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MartyMint »

...or, don't use Adobe products.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Don't think so black-and-white. Else I can state "Adobe fully supports Linux"; just as inane a comment as yours. Adobe does open source development on over a hundred projects (on GitHub and Sourceforge...); both their own projects and contributing to others' projects: http://www.adobe.com/open-source.html. They do support Linux actively on many projects. For example, if you're a web developer, Adobe Brackets is awesome as a web editor: http://brackets.io/
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

No one want to use these proprietary softwares anyway :lol:
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

Er!

Who was Black & White
--I dunno

I also looked at your Adobe link, Brackets was windows or Apple: I didn't see any Linux..
--when I clicked on installation requirements
Bolle1961
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Bolle1961 »

Click on the download button and you'll see versions for Linux (32 and 64 bit.deb) OS X and windows
https://github.com/adobe/brackets/relea ... lease-0.44
scryan

Post by scryan »

.Ne0 wrote:Well, we have tried asking nicely, through petitions and Adobe's own forums, but Adobe doesn't care.
As every sane Business knows, Customer service should always be #1 priority.
How hard are you going to fight someone to give them money?

Just don't support Adobe, problem solved.
Their a bad company so you are going to come up with a plan to force yourself to deal with them and shovel money at them?

Support alternatives instead.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

"Support alternatives instead."

+ 1
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
.Ne0

Post by .Ne0 »

Pierre wrote:"Support alternatives instead."
So, what alternatives are there for Vector Animation ?
(Note: Synfig uses Bitmap, and is therefore Raster)
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

you didn't state which software gives "Vector Animation" :?

http://www.osalt.com/search?q=Vector+Animation
But: you probably won't like any of those . .. ..
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Inkspace is the best vector editor around I think. You can make your animation frames with Inkspace, and then make the animation in post-processing with another application (like GIMP, Blender, ImageMagick+FFmpeg, and so on), or you can do it in Inkspace (but cumbersome right now I believe) with manual editing (explained here http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/SVG_Animation).
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

Pierre wrote:"Support alternatives instead."

+ 1
That's the best policy. I agree :)
doob9911

Post by doob9911 »

It will be available in the future.
But it will not be offline software but web browser based software.
Just log in adobe site and use photoshop, lightroom, illustrator etc.
MS office already begin this service even though it has only basic features now.
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

The previous replies in this topic are unrelated to the subject of the current thread. Ergo, they have been moved to their own thread found here. Please continue the discussion about Blender in the new thread.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
colyn

Post by colyn »

Why waste your money on PhotoShop when Gimp is free and an excellent product...
MartyMint
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MartyMint »

colyn wrote:Why waste your money on PhotoShop when Gimp is free and an excellent product...

I've never seen a legitimately purchased copy of the full Photoshop suite "in the wild".

Ever...and I've looked.
doob9911

Post by doob9911 »

Corel is more likely to support linux.
It already has aftershot pro for linux.
Corel paint shop pro is much better. It has almost same features and much cheaper.

Return to “Open Chat”