Mint Cinnamon 17.1 is amazing!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Mint Cinnamon 17.1 is amazing!

Post by exploder »

I was lucky yesterday and came across a DVD-RW that was still in decent shape. I downloaded Mint Cinnamon 17.1 x64 because I really wanted to try out all of the new features. The new themes really sold me on the new release! It took minutes to customize the desktop exactly the way I wanted it and it looks great! Finally a modern desktop environment that is simple to customize! :D

All of the improvments are really nice! The changes in Cinnamon finally allow me to watch full screen flash videos without my screen turning white or the computer freezing up! I am officially done looking at other desktop environments, Cinnamon has everything I could ever want now. :D This is the best work I have seen in a long time!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JohnBobSmith

Re: Mint Cinnamon 17.1 is amazing!

Post by JohnBobSmith »

Thats great exploder, glad it works for you! I use XFCE, because I require my OS to use less resources due to hardware restrictions, and so I have more resources for playing games on my laptop. I hope I can upgrade to 17.1 without breaking anything, once everything is out of RC and officially released.

As for themes and colors, those are relatively easy to setup. I suggest you try making your own from templates. Or maybe even from the ground up. I figured out how to almost completely customize the XFCE Whisker menu. I will post a screenshot of it in the "All Desktop Screenshots - November 2014" thread.

So once again, grats on finding something that works for you. I hope that it will continue to work well, with minimal breakages. :)
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

I agree. It's terrific. :D
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

It is so good that I just installed it on my laptop too! :D
hrturner

Post by hrturner »

Glad you enjoy LM! Can't wait for the team to release the upgrade option to safely upgrade from Qiana. :D
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

This is really nice! I keep finding more and more features I like. :D The themes caught my attention but there are improvements and refinements all over. Even the screen locker looks great! I can not get over how quickly I was able to customize this and how nice it looks! :D
doob9911

Post by doob9911 »

No. I cannot log in wifi. WPA2 enterprise mode seems to be broken.
It ruined my weekend and I come back to 17.0.
I experienced first bad thing of mint.
I fear 17.1 stable version may have same issue.
var
Level 3
Level 3

Post by var »

I'm waiting for LMDE2. Sob, it always takes longer to get it to us Debian lovers :(
alexanderium

Post by alexanderium »

I agree that Mint Cinnamon 17.1 is amazing.
I use it on my HP Pavilion 14-N037TX (with VGA AMD radeon 8670M) .
It is stable, wi-fi works just fine and directly recognized the VGA...overall It's ok so far.
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

exploder wrote:I am officially done looking at other desktop environments, Cinnamon has everything I could ever want now. :D This is the best work I have seen in a long time!
This statement from a guy like you, who loves so much to try new distro shows how good the new Mint 17.1 is :lol:

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”