Backdrops, Backgrounds, and Wallpaper

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Backdrops, Backgrounds, and Wallpaper

Post by antiquexray »

Before I do something I will regret, is there any danger in deleting the Backdrops, Backgrounds, and Wallpaper folders from usr>share. I have my own desktop backgrounds. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nerdtron

Re: Backdrops, Backgrounds, and Wallpaper

Post by nerdtron »

To see if there is an impact on the system, you can try to move(or backup) the folders to another location. I think there should be no major issues.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

Thanks for you suggestion. I did move them into a temp folder with no problem. However, on the menu that pops up when you want to change the desktop background still lists the folder even though there are no files in them. No I have to find out how to edit that menu to remove them.
panorain
Level 5
Level 5

Post by panorain »

What desktop are you using?
Linux Mint 21.2 Victoria
Always =updatedb=
GNU/LINUX
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

panorain wrote:What desktop are you using?
I am using Cinnamon with Rebecca.

Return to “Beginner Questions”