more partitioning woes

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
paradive

more partitioning woes

Post by paradive »

ok. so i figured out how to get my logical /home....

now i'm learning gparted doesn't make mount points, just labels.

SO WHAT'S THE POINT OF ALL THIS IF I CAN'T EVEN GET AN INSTALLABLE HARD DRIVE/PARTITION TABLE??????!!!!

before i pull the rest of my precious hair out, will someone please just get me able to install?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DataMan

Re: more partitioning woes

Post by DataMan »

You do it during install. When you come to the partitioning section select the "something else" or "other" as an option.

-DataMan
vl1969

Post by vl1969 »

I do not understand why all this strugling if you only doing a fresh install on a single drive.
It should be a simple mater of booting from live cd, run install, select all drive, when disk layout is shown choose modify or change, can't remeber the options, and adjust partitions to your heart content. OR choose something else install option and do all partition schema as you like.
Also gparted is perfectly fine and get you a good installable disk. The mount points can and will be set at install time and labels will help you to choose what goes where.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Return to “Installation & Boot”