Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
dizmoduck
Level 1
Level 1

Cinnamon has crashed after update to libreoffice 4.4

Post by dizmoduck »

After update to libreoffice 4.4 when i reboot i get "Cinnamon has crashed. You are now running in fallback mode."

I install
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice

No network eth0 and wlan0 are working

anybody have the same problem?
---
Venlig Hilsen / Kind Regards
/dizmoduck

- live your dreams, don't dream your life
Welly Wu
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Cinnamon has crashed after update to libreoffice 4.4

Post by Welly Wu »

I had the same exact problem with the LibreOffice pre-releases PPA. It clearly states that this is expermimental software code and it is for the brave to test. I had to reinstall Linux Mint 17.1 "Rebecca" 64 bit GNU/Linux after restarting my PC as a result. As another tip for you, don't install the indicator-synapse PPA from untrusted sources as well. It too will crash your Cinnamon 2.4 64 bit desktop environment and you'll have to reinstall Linux Mint 17.1 "Rebecca" 64 bit GNU/Linux.

Basically, don't install experimental software packages from untrusted sources when using Ubuntu 14.04.x or Linux Mint 17.x 64 bit GNU/Linux in the future. It's not worth the hassles of reinstalling everything from scratch.
Hoser Rob
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Cinnamon has crashed after update to libreoffice 4.4

Post by Hoser Rob »

Welly Wu wrote:I had the same exact problem with the LibreOffice pre-releases PPA. It clearly states that this is expermimental software code and it is for the brave to test. I had to reinstall Linux Mint 17.1 "Rebecca" 64 bit GNU/Linux after restarting my PC as a result. As another tip for you, don't install the indicator-synapse PPA from untrusted sources as well. It too will crash your Cinnamon 2.4 64 bit desktop environment and you'll have to reinstall Linux Mint 17.1 "Rebecca" 64 bit GNU/Linux.

Basically, don't install experimental software packages from untrusted sources when using Ubuntu 14.04.x or Linux Mint 17.x 64 bit GNU/Linux in the future. It's not worth the hassles of reinstalling everything from scratch.
Ditto.

Probably the most common noob mistake I see on forums is them messing up their installs because they think they have to always have the newest version of everything.

There's a reason that the newest versions aren't in the beta tested repos. Do you really think you know better than the testers?

Return to “Software & Applications”